Saturday, December 13, 2014

And now the foggy day

Here's a fun one I ran across from when I was taking a JC writing class in 2003. Deciding this cold, foggy Saturday morning if I want instant oatmeal or toast for breakfast and irritated that my fire in the woodstove isn't co-operating. None of that is relevant to the poem. I guess the letter I was assigned was "R". Here's the condensed version because it sort of just runs on and I know you just want to read the juicy parts.

Rendezvous Poem

Can I runaway
From responsible life
To the rainforest
Where I rough it
At a rugged ruins
And eat licorice ropes
Or share radishes
With my rare rhino
Recreation would be
An all day right
Read, rest
Then read some more
"Oh really great!"
(Here comes the good part)
Missed my rendezvous
With Robert Redford
Rainforest life
Needs more responsibility...






No comments:

Post a Comment