Saturday, November 1, 2014

Chap-O-Wrimo

I have friends who during November write 30,000 words hoping it will be the next great American novel. It's a worldwide sensation called NanoWrimo (national novel writing month). I tried that once and got as far into the plot as follows: girl from the burbs meets boy from the farm and when she can't find cologne at the nearest cosmetic counter that has notes of alfalfa the affair is doomed. I think I made it to 1500 words. I'm a short story writer which I guess is what happens when your teenage brain starts you out writing poems and the gradual progression then becomes mini memoir. I've decided that in the month of November as a birthday present to myself I will post some of my writings that make up my chapbook collection, The Fridge Magnet Chronicles. So as the month unfolds watch for an assortment of very eclectic prose and poems. Maybe one or two get you to smile or shake your head. Have them be what they will, I'm not expecting to become the next Erma Bombeck. Oh wait, yes I am...


No comments:

Post a Comment