Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Job hunt

A lot of you might be interested in an update of how the job hunting has been going. Well almost 3 months and not until today did I want to cry. Had been doing well, 70-80 resumes going into cyberspace with a few responses. Excited about a job interview this morning, filled out paperwork and then a short math test to be done only with your brain. I knew I didn't do too well but for heavens sake who does math without technology now days. A greying man with an accent motioned me to a chair across from him at his desk, looked at answer to first question involving percentages and yes I suppose a sixth grader knew the answer but I didn't. After still answering it wrong when he asked me, he stood up and thanked me for coming by but unless I could do better on the test he wouldn't waste anyones time further by conducting an interview. Well I hope he gets bad karma because I would have made an awesome employee and maybe I don't do math but I can out proofread probably this entire planet, so there. Ok well you now have my latest update on job hunt. Not going to let that get me down and since my trip with the hubby out to Virginia is just about here will give Craigslist a rest until we return. Anyhow, enjoy your October, I know I will seeing the sights out along the Atlantic and a train ride to D.C. as well. Take care, I'll send you a postcard.

No comments:

Post a Comment