Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hurricane Irene

Had my eyes glued to the t.v. last Saturday as I watched Hurricane Irene bearing down on the Atlantic seashore. Was just getting over the hilarity of my sailor son telling me about how freaked the folks were over a tiny 5.9 earthquake while he was wondering why they didn't seem all that concerned about the soon to arrive "tropical storm". But we at least get a warning about hurricanes, they told him. So after a few back and forth text from the Pacific Posse commenting on no power and making them promise to stay indoors, I am happy to report that Gannimal House seemed unscathed. I also was very relieved that we had decided against going to visit them in August due to everyone telling us how bad the humidity would be. No one warned me there might be a hurricane...

No comments:

Post a Comment