Saturday, June 17, 2017

The Book of Joy

I just finished a book called The Book of Joy that was conversation during a visit between the Dalai Lama and Reverend Desmond Tutu. It was such an amazing story that I'll carry it along with me on vacation so I can read passages of it if there is quiet time at the hotel. I wish all of you could read this book and get out of it what I did. It's pretty simple actually, find a way to open your eyes to what true joy really is. Everyone will see where their joy lies in a different way. I won't bore you by droning on as to how I can go about finding my joy but suffice it to say while I read this book I thought of the tragic state our world is in. If the leaders all around would stop and have a five to ten minute time-out and become a bit reflective during that time together, what a more joyful place we would all live in. Yeah that's a fairy tale, right? I'm just not letting it get me down anymore, I'm going to work harder on making me keep joy in my life. In a week I'll be overflowing with joy once a special six year old gives me a big hug and says"Hi Nana!" So get within or out to see beauty or give of yourself to a cause of your own and find joy. Our universe will be a better place for it, isn't that obvious?

No comments:

Post a Comment