Thursday, June 30, 2016

Summer School

Taking a required 1 credit Library Resource online class this summer. So far not doing too bad on week number 2. Here's what I wrote as my student bio to get extra credit. See below, let me know what you think.

Hi, my name is Mona and I've been going to college since before most of you were born. I have worked a bit toward a couple certificates but then would quit when I either found the work I would do after getting said certificate was boring or I took classes from a less than steller professor and had to quit because they made me want to scream! So now after finally visiting a counselor for the first time in the 32 years of my student career I am hoping to get my degree in social and behavioral sciences when I'm 63 in the year 2019. Just in time to retire from my bank job, yay! Right now the joy of my life is my 5 year old grandson who lives with his mom and dad (my son and daughter in law) in Chesapeake Virginia so our vacations usually take this nana out there on visits with my husband who I could write a book about the love he has for that little guy! Well in fact we are collaborating on a children's book with the grandson as main character, "Carson Finds a Job". Hope all of you are enjoying the summer. As I always tell my son who's made two deployments to the Persian Gulf as a United States sailor, stay safe and sane! Good luck with class. Sincerely, Mona Mechling

No comments:

Post a Comment