Sunday, August 31, 2014

Many manila envelopes...

Ever feel like you must have an adventure soon or you'll go crazy? I currently have 4 manila envelopes on my dining table full of random things to be mailed off to loved ones. So you ask what do envelopes have to do with adventure? Well my adventure is to pretend I've put my shrunken self into the envelopes then I'm able to go somewhere away from home. Granted a couple of my envelope adventures would be Willits and Windsor, not exactly out of my current area. But the other two would be Oregon and Virginia. I think if I could I would choose Virginia and pretty much all of you would know why. There's a handsome sailor and his beautiful sweetie along with an adorable boy who might even give me a big hug and call me Nana back there. But work and finances stop the real me from getting to hop a plane and head east into the sunrise. In the meantime I'll just remember the trip there from a few months ago. I guess even though I'm a California girl through and through, I have a new happy place. It's a neighborhood park that I've actually never even visited but is from a picture where there's a beautiful dark haired, twinkling eyed boy playing. Or it's the back patio of a peaceful family condo that has the firepit going as twilight descends, marshmallows are roasting on sticks and I hear the laughter and quiet chatter of the darling boy excited for his smores. I'm finding a couple rubber duckies to put into the envelope for Virginia, more random things for the other three envelopes. I think I'm now feeling less crazy, thankfully I can use my imagination and find adventure in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment