Saturday, December 1, 2012

Joining the 56 club

Last Monday I turned 56 having been born in the year 1956. I somehow had the idea that this should be a magical number and something fabulous would happen to me. As a matter of fact I got to partake in a few fabulous things, my bff took me to Benbow for a weekend in the beautiful redwoods of Ave of the Giants Humboldt county. It was so peaceful and relaxing just hanging out with her in a fab old historic hotel. The weekend before that I got to watch my adorable god-daughter get married to her soulmate and have their gorgeous infant daughter baptised during the ceremony, so thankful that I got to be a part of that special event. Thanksgiving we hosted my mom, sis and sis' boyfriend and got weather and scenery that one can only find in our part of Northern California, well maybe elsewhere you could find it but I'm biased. So this makes me think that if you want to have something magical happen you should probably try to work on getting it yourself. It must be that the idea of publishing my story collection that I've been working on for the last 6 years has been coming to the surface of my subconscious since in dreams I have seen the cover floating through space or laying on a cloud or being held by some unknown person while they are reading it on a train or in a pasture. So I have a year of magical attempts and will work towards seeing The Fridge Magnet Chronicles in print. Happy Birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment