Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sockmonkey visits our Nations capitol

I know what you are saying to yourselves, doesn't this so called creative writer know how to end a story? Well I last posted that we had gotten to our room and were relaxing with our own large bed and shower after a week at Gannimal house. Decided I should check my v.m. and had a sad message from Brie, she had found our old cat (16 years old so do the math in human years) dead in the garage. Poor little girl was a trooper though, after talking to me found a nice spot in the flower bed to bury Gallagher without too much hysteria. Guess I was going to owe her more than a key ring from Sockmonkey's travels. We had a good nights sleep then were up to a bright and beautiful day to start our touring after continental breakfast. Caught the circulator bus for a dollar to take us right over by the capitol. Had been told that October is a good month to visit the Eastern seaboard and being in teeshirts found that to be the truth. Had a great tour of the capitol, Sockmonkey and I were impressed that in the rotunda among the fancy portraits was a painting of Pocahontas (see earlier post regarding getting educated on her at Jamestown). We then took a tour of the Library of Congress, Sockmonkey and I being library junkies were giddy. Dave was pretty excited because he was sure that if we would have had time to visit the reading rooms after we got our readers cards that we would find a copy of the anthology we have been published in, Vintage Voices. The day was wrapping up, caught the circulator bus again to take the reverse trip from this morning so we could get chinese buffett dinner. As we were approaching our stop an interesting thing happened. A blond woman had gotten on and while looking over at her was so amazed that she was the twin of a woman I knew in R.P. As we are about to reach our stop I overhear a comment about the upcoming stops from her. I turn to get a better look and when we both saw each other said "I know you"! It was Desiree! There came my stop with giving me only an instant to say "OMG well take care" and give her a hug then we had to get off without me giving her my phone number or being able to ask what the heck she was doing in D.C. Isn't life funny? To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment