Thursday, November 6, 2014

Crab Cakes

Here's story of first serious boyfriend, it's pretty romantic...

The Lido restaurant was a classy place to go for dinner in my hometown. Jimmy and I were on our second date. I was having a cocktail for the first time, a vodka collins. I felt so sneaky, they didn't even check my i.d.
The soup was french onion in a little brown bowl that had a handle on the side, pretty fancy. A small slice of french bread with very tasty white cheese was melted on top. I burnt my mouth on the first spoonful. For our entree we were served the most amazing crab cakes. I had never had crab cakes before and would have eaten an endless platter of them. So amazingly delicious, small oblong balls rolled in bread crumbs then fried to just the right crunchy consistency. Then after what I'm sure were several more vodka collins, the evening became a blur. The fabulous meal of seafood was consumed and as I waited for my dessert of chocolate mousse I knew I had fallen in love, with crab cakes.

1 comment: