Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Cold and flu season

Didn't get my flu shot in time and came down with something last week that made me hack and cough and use lots of tissues. Thought I was feeling ok but now may be relapsing. Pretty much just want to stay in bed but can't due to all those adult commitments like work etc. But I can at least complain about things so  here goes...

MY DAY

Not to comfy
In my skin
Forgot about
My hairy chin
In traffic while
I write this poem
I drive to work
Would rather be home
Today I hate
My underwear
Looked for socks
No matching pair
Yogurt is
The lunch du jour
End of day
Please hold the door
The mail piled
High with bills
Off to store
Forgot my pills
Carpet cleaner
Chimney sweep
Appointments I forgot
To keep
Too hot for bed
No clothes are worn
My eyelids blink
And now it's morn

No comments:

Post a Comment