Saturday, February 2, 2013

Highway hypnosis, part 1

To all the Tyson Chicken truckers out there on interstate highway 40, also known in parts as Route 66, you suck big time!!! If there had been a phone number on the back of your rig asking to please call such and such number to report how you were driving I would have been on the phone in an Arkansas minute, however long that is since I found out southerners seem to move at a pace a little slower than those of us in the west. Well except for the truckers who drive like a bat out of hell! But let's go to the beginning of my adventure shall we. I began this trip flying out of SFO at 6:50 a.m. on Tuesday January 8th. It was going to be a long day since I had had exactly 4 hours sleep the night before and the flight although would only take 5 hours I was going to lose 3 hours due to my destination being Norfolk Virginia which is eastern time zone. Dinner time the west coast trio of me, DIL's mom Tina and little sis Brie arrived and had one of Sailor Dan's buddies Matt waiting with signs like a cute little tour guide to drive us to Gannimal House where the packing and loading of the Penske truck had begun. With the truck full to the gills by 2 a.m. the household tried to sleep and by 8 in the morning of Wednesday January 9th with tearful goodby to sweet neighbor Crystal the convoy hit the highway. Four vehicles, 8 people and grand-dog Juno said goodbye to Chesapeake, next stop Memphis. To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment