Saturday, June 4, 2016

Chesapeake Forest

Sitting out in the twilight I got snippets of whispers from the wood nymphs. My mermaid friends staying in the gentle waves of the Atlantic were sorry we wouldn't have a visit this trip. They asked the shore fairies to pass word along the forest network to me with the salutation that we would meet again but understood that this was nana time with adorable grandson. The shy wood nymphs were hesitant to leave the safety and comfort of the higher leafy branches. But I did get some bold hellos from the frogs and squirrels who scampered, hopped and chattered through the day and night. Today I pack up the cozy Chesapeake cabin, memories and sleeping bags to be carried home to California. I send my goodbye to the elusive wood nymphs and hear a singing bird who will be sure to let my mermaid friends know I'll be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment