Sunday, March 15, 2015

Happy Birthday Linda N.!

I think I missed my old friend Linda's birthday this month, or else it's coming up sometime soon. I have to send my birthday wish with the angels because we lost Linda last year. Here's the tribute (or whatever you might call it) that I wrote after finding out she unexpectedly passed away.

The sky is crying...
I think the shock of learning last Monday of Linda's passing is still hanging on. Seeing the photos of her posted on fb jogged old memories of when she was still married to her ex and we worked at the bank together.

I can hear her laugh and see her in my minds eye the snapshots of us when she came to Northspur or along the shoreline of Hidden Valley Lake. There's even that time of a summer visit to the house in Tahoe hanging out on the deck in the brilliant sunshine.

I didn't ever see her again, she moved away with the new love of her life, Tu. Friends told me about him and how he was a gentle giant. Linda was his rock. And not only was she a happy wife, after many losses she was going to be a mom!

Her pregnancy was rough but Ben was born and he was the light of her life. I never had the chance to meet him but when Linda told me he collected postcards I knew I had to send him one while on a trip driving the old route 66.

Family and friends of theirs came from far and wide to celebrate Linda's life in a town I've never heard of where she and Tu and Ben had made a wonderful home. I imagine her looking down during that celebration holding within her arms those who loved her and now mourned her, taken from us too soon.

Linda, you had so much more life to live. I'll grieve for awhile but it will be a healthy mournfulness, Linda would want me to watch my heart...



No comments:

Post a Comment