Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sockmonkey visits Gannimal house day 8

The week passed full of fun and frivolity, seeing the Chesapeake area and helping the kids with running around and household things. It is our last day here, tomorrow we catch Amtrak and head for a few days in D.C. It's a breezy but beautiful day and we head out to a local park for an impromptu bbq with other sailor buddies and letting Juno have some time at the dog area. Later Zack comes by with his new friend Megan and party time in the man cave begins, Sockmonkey and I even indulge with a little rose box wine. Dave and I get ourselves packed up and say good night to the kids, the train will be leaving at the crack of dawn Sunday a.m. I'm suprised that I'm not feeling too sad, I think because during the Truman deployment last year cried out all the tears I had but mainly being able to watch Gannimal house in action makes me feel good to leave knowing how well they are all taking care of each other. And I will finally get a good night's sleep, LOL! I'm just too old to do couch surfing. Too be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment